For the forseeable future we will continue to dispatch orders every 2-3 working days. This won't change until further notice. If you have any queries please get in touch.
£25.00Current stock: 7
Director: Tom Huckabee and Kent Smith
Bill Paxton and The Townspeople of Llangadog
Llandeilo and Bethlehem of South Wales
Country: UK | USA
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
In a dystopian future, Billy Hampton (Bill Paxton, in his first on-screen role) is a World War III draft dodger who finds himself part of an experimental brainwashing program created by a group of radical feminists. After being released from the program, Billy heads to Wales for what he believes will be a sex-filled vacation. But, unbeknownst to him, Billy is really there to assassinate the Welsh Minister of Prostitution.
A wild hybrid of art and experimental filmmaking techniques, TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN began production in 1974, under the direction of Kent Smith using short ends left over from LENNY. After languishing in an unfinished form, the film was resurrected and completed by Tom Huckabee and eventually released in 1983; immediately making it an underground legend.
Adapted in part from William S. Burroughs' classic short story 'Bladerunner,’ TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN transcends genres and engulfs the viewer in a high contrast fever dream of science fiction based surrealism. Never officially released on home video and long viewable only from poor quality bootlegs, Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents the world home video premiere of TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN, newly restored in 4k from its original 35mm black and white Techniscope negative.
• Presenting both the original theatrical version and the 2019 ‘Revisited’ version
• Director introductions for both versions
• “Taking Over Tiger Mountain” - an interview focused on the original version with director Tom Huckabee
• “Revisiting Tiger Mountain” - an interview focused on the revisited version with director Tom Huckabee
• “Interviews with Welshmen” - a short film by Kent Smith
• Booklet with essay by Heather Drain