For the forseeable future we will continue to dispatch orders every 2-3 working days. This won't change until further notice. If you have any queries please get in touch.
£26.00Current stock: 0
Director: Thomas Doran, Brendan Faulkner and Eugenie Joseph
Joan Ellen Delaney
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
ONE PER CUSTOMER ONLY - MULTIPLE ORDERS WILL BE CANCELLED
2 disc set
After their car breaks down, a group of travelers find themselves stranded in a remote part of New England. After taking shelter in a spooky old mansion, complete with a graveyard, they discover a ouija board and decide to spend the night attempting to summon some spirits. But the group soon learns that playing with the forces of black magic isn't fun and games, and it's not long before they're head-to-head with all sorts of demonic creatures, shape shifters, and other forms of evil, all of whom are more than happy to pick them off in the most gruesome of ways.
Of all of the bizarre horror films made in the 1980s, SPOOKIES easily ranks among the weirdest. Produced by Michael Lee, founder of the adored UK home video distributor VIPCO, the film became a fan favorite thanks to its expertly rendered creature effects and notorious for its bizarre production history in which its original creators, co-writers/directors Brendan Faulkner & Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel, were fired and replaced by Eugenie Joseph, who added new scenes and re-edited the previously shot footage, resulting in the legendary oddity SPOOKIES has become. Vinegar Syndrome proudly brings SPOOKIES to Blu-ray for the first time, newly restored in 4K from its long lost original negative and including a brand new, feature-length 'making of' documentary, charting its incredible and often unbelievable production history.
• “Twisted Tale - The Unmaking of Spookies” - a feature-length making-of documentary, including a commentary track with documentary co-directors Michael Gingold & Glen Baisley and extensive deleted scenes.
• “VIPCO - The Untold Story” - a feature-length documentary on the notorious UK home video label, including extended interview footage with Michael Lee (founder of VIPCO) and a trailer.
• 2015 Alamo Drafthouse screening introductions with Spookies director Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel.
• Q&A from a 2015 Hudson Horror Show screening with actor Peter Iasillo, actor Anthony Valbiro and production assistant Tom Sciacca
• Archival locations featurette with actor Peter Iasillo
• Pinreel outtakes and bloopers
• Behind the scenes still gallery
• Theatrical trailer