£26.00Current stock: 4
Director: David Greene
Label: Fun City Editions
As young Wynne (Jenny Agutter, Walkabout and An American Werewolf in London) comes of age, a psychotic killer of teen schoolgirls stalks her hometown, which is rapidly transforming from an antiquated village to a forward-looking "new town." Is the murderer Wynne’s much older foster brother George (Bryan Marshall, The Spy Who Loved Me and The Long Good Friday)? The conflicted Wynne is deeply in love with George, but also fears that he is guilty of the horrific crimes. Director David Greene (Godspell, The Shuttered Room and TV’s Roots) imbues Audrey Erskine Lindop’s unsettling story with sensitivity, social commentary, and a haunting ambience.
An impressive roster of behind-the-scenes talent contributes to the look and feel of this cult favorite: writer Richard Harris (TV’s The Avengers and Man in a Suitcase), cinematographer Alex Thomson (Excalibur, The Keep and Labyrinth), and production designer Brian Eatwell (Walkabout, The Man Who Fell to Earth and White Dog). The innovative music score is by pioneering electronic and experimental composer Basil Kirchin (The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Mutations).
• A Kickstart: Jenny Agutter Remembers I START COUNTING (video interview)
• Video introduction by Jenny Agutter
• Loss of Innocence: A Video Essay on I START COUNTING by Chris O'Neill
• Audio Commentary with film historian Samm Deighan
• I Start Directing: David Greene's Complicated Family Stories by Amanda Reyes
• Remembrances of Basil Kirchin, David Green and I START COUNTING! by Matt Stephenson
• Image gallery